Monday, April 2, 2012

BP # 5- HOS Flim (Parmita Roy)


The story of Sadie and Bessie Delany, two African-American sisters who both lived past the age of 100. They grew up on a North Carolina college campus, the daughters of the first African-American Episcopal bishop, who was born a slave, and a woman with an inter-racial background. With the support of each other and their family, they survived encounters with racism and sexism in their own different ways. Sadie quietly and sweetly broke barriers to become the first African-American home teacher in New York City, while Bessie, with her own brand of outspokenness, became the second African-American dentist in New York City.


 I saw that film, I realized that it is different from the book “Having our say”. We only read 9 chapters, a book told us,they never been a married. When I watched the film, I saw Sadie was in love. When I saw the picture of young Bessie at the beach and Audra McDonald, I was so surprised. I think “How is that possible?” If I could meet The Delany sister’s I asked them “ Why they didn’t get marry?”

9 comments:

  1. i love your summary about Havng Our Say. my question is did you enjoy reading and watching Having Our Say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LIKE YOUR POSTED... PICTURES IS VERY NICE FROM A BOOK.ARE YOU ENJOY TO READING A BOOK?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your writing styles and what do you think why they didn't marry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May be they don't want to live separate and they were loved together.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like your begining parmitha its really nice

    ReplyDelete